Monday, March 14, 2005

Aspire to Inspire

I really don't know why I'm calling this post "aspire to inspire" aside from the fact that it sounds cool and deep, but I guess it kinda fits what I'm gunna talk about.

Being a homeschooler, I can be SO much different than other kids around me, and I usually am different, because of how my parents raised me and from being home most of my life. And that was cool when home was still my life, but now I want to make other friends. I want to hang out with kids and be normal and crazy and "cool". But how? I feel like other kids don't want to accept me for who I am, so what do I do? Is there a certain way I need to dress? Act? Be? If so, I'm doomed, cuz I can't figure it out, and no one has told me yet...

But one thing I have been noticing is that most of the "popular" kids I know are "popular" because they are themselves. They have their tastes, their way to dress, act, be.. They've developed their character and they aren't afraid or ashamed of it. Another thing I have yet to grasp.

I guess I just have to learn to be myself, but first I have to make myself (does that make *any* sense??). I have to aspire to inspire myself to mold me to like things *I* like, do things *I* do, dress the way *I* dress, be *me*... While, of course, still trying to follow the world a bit to keep in touch and not become a total outcast. :p But I don't think I can be much more of an outcast than I am now, lol...

Anyway, another long post that probably only makes sense to me and will just confuse my few readers (if they still come since I haven't posted in eons, lol) and scare them away. :p I love ya'll, and God bless!!! I hope you have a wonderful week. :)

<>< Christi <><

2 Comments:

Blogger OTiK said...

Hey hey, I've been keeping track of your blog, and what you are saying does makes sense. When I was homeschooled, I felt like i knew 1000 other people, but didn't know any of them well enough to call them "friends". Definitely be you because you're right, that IS how you become 'popular'.

Anyways, I want to second TJ's remark about work. Jobs and later school (college) become great places to meet people, make friends, or just to put in perspective everything else you've been through.

Looking forward to more entries (though I don't blame you for disappearing for a while, I haven't blogged recently either) lol. God bless!

5:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I can totally identify with what TJ and OTiK said! I *love* social activity and I do feel like I know a thousand people, yet I can't really say I can call them friends, except Christi that is.

I want to third (is that even a real term?) the comments previously posted about school putting a different light on things. I've been homeschooled all my life and wouldn't trade that quality education for anything. Now I am doing running start at the community college, and boy is it different!

Jacque

11:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home