Wednesday, February 16, 2005

"Sunny with a high of 75...

...Since You took my heavy heart and made it light..."

Take my heavy heart? That sounds wonderful. Why is it that songs seem to make up so much of my life? Because I can start with a song like this, and who knows where it'll take me! I can go from Relient K ("You took my heavy heart and made it light") to Superchic[k]s song ("some people bring you gifts, some bring you bricks to weigh you down") to a song my dad wrote ("I need a little help Lord, to find my way, it gets a little crazy though it's just another day..") to whoever does this one ("Put a smile on your face, it'll make the world look better, put a smile on your face...") to Rebecca St. James ("You make the road rise up to meet me, You make the sun shine warm upon my face, the wind is at my back and the rain falls soft..") to Point of Grace ("Lord the sky's still blue for my hope is in You, You're my joy, You're the dream that's still alive..") and so on. Just in that last paragraph my mood has changed. *Just* from reading those lyrics. Can anyone say music isn't powerful?

Have you ever had feelings that were just *so* strong, and you wanted to share them with anyone..everyone..around you? But you JUST CAN'T find the words to describe it! Have you ever wanted to draw or paint a picture of something and you're just SO inspired, but after a minute or two of trying and all you come up with is some scribbles that would have been bad for a 5 year old? Or writing! Have you ever *REALLY* wanted to write a story or a song or poem about something that was soooo important to you, but you couldn't find the right words, and it's worse than the school paper you failed last week? Or music! Have you ever wanted to just sit down with an instrument and play your heart out, all to hear your mom screaming to get the cat off the keyboard? And even if she doesn't, you just can't get the feelings out that you so throughly were hoping to. It's like a pimple that is just deep enough under your skin that you can't pop it, but close enough to the surface that it hurts like the dickens, right?

As I read back now on my last two paragraphs, I have NO idea where they came from. Talk about random, lol! But I guess they are things I've been thinking about a LOT lately, so I guess it's not *too* random. Plus I'm sure someone out there can identify with this. Just so you know, whoever you are, you're not alone! *hugs*

Anyway, I've rambled on enough for today I think. I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week! Oh, and if you're like my best friend Jacque and thought this was the only place I spent my time, you're wrong. I also have a Xanga. You can check it out in my links area (which you should still check out if you haven't already!), or here: The Eternal Abyss of Nothingness. Anyway, this is Christi Kentworthy wishing you a wonderful week! Keep your eggs sunny side up! :D

<>< Christi <><

"It's funny how you find you enjoy your life, when you're happy to be alive!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel! Some feelings are just so strong that one cannot express them adequately. Songs just never express the exact emotion I aim for, and art never paints an adequate representation. I guess that feeling of extreme inspiration is trapped in our human frames. We spend our lives trying to let it out. Some people are better at that than others. I believe when we get to heaven the feeling will no longer be trapped within our mortal frames by our limitted abilities. Below is a portion of a song I've heard before about this.

"But I'm such a limitted creature, and my words can only paint so many pictures, but somewhere I'm sure Iread that I am treasured over all creation."

~Jacque

4:03 PM

 
Blogger FadingFlower said...

Until then I'm doomed to go crazy with all my feelings and emotions trapped inside this cage that is supposed to be open and free? I don't know about the rest of you, but I *can't* live like that! There has to be some way of burning up this urge to be explained and letting this burden loose! God, please, *please* help me!!!

10:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home