Monday, February 07, 2005

Part 2

Ok, I'd say this is just *slightly* overdue, lol. I'm sorry, my two (maybe one) faithful blog readers! :p My life is crazy!!!! ARG!!! :p

Anyway, to finish my story...

So, last we heard, Christi was at Winter Retreat and just finished listening to the evening speaker on the first day. After being totally and completely, beyond any and all imagination, impacted by the teaching, we find Christi outside the lodge in the freezing cold, snow falling, and tears pouring.

"How can that be?? I KNOW God loves me, but how could He pick me when I have nothing of worth to give back! Other kids have their music talents, writing talents, artistic talents, speaking talents, good looks, lots of friends and a HUGE range they could impact, and I have no music, writing, artistic, or speaking talents, good looks are *very* minimal, and I have a few acquantainces. There's NOTHING I can do well enough, and I'm totally imperfect and messed up. I'm a stupid homeschooler who doesn't know anything..." and on and on she went. And then it hit her..."I still have to speak tomorrow!!!!"

Brain fried, tired, and still crying (except harder by now), she tried to think of anything she could say the next day. God had shown her though Mark (the speaker) that what she had planned to say was NOT what God wanted her to share. So she had about 10 hours (about 8 of which she'd be sleeping) to come up with something new to say. But nothing would come. Everything seemed too stupid, empty, serious, or too short or long. 20 minutes of speaking time and all she could think to say was, "Hi, I'm Christi and I went to Greece in August." All of which the crowd already knew. She. Was. Doomed.

Then a friend walked by. Embarassed, Christi wiped the tears from her eyes and tried to pretend she was fine. He wouldn't fall for it. He sat down they talked for about an hour or so. She explained all her thoughts and fears, and he shot them down, one by one. He helped her to get her mind off of it for a bit, and then he invited her to come with a few friends over to the game barn for a bit. She hesitated, but went along. The rest of the evening was wonderful, nothing but pure fun, but she forgot about her 20 minutes on the stage the next day, and didn't get anything new ready.

"To be continued....again, lol"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home