Monday, July 19, 2004

Godsends

Have you ever had a time when you were tired, discouraged, limping and hurting from the uphill battle of your life that you have been constantly fighting and aren't getting any breaks from? And then, when you were in that situtation and it came to your bleakest hour where you didn't think ANYTHING could help when all of the sudden someone came along and shed some light on the situtation...they took your sword and stood in front of you and helped fight off the evils, or, at least, helped you hold the sword up a little higher and a little steadier and, in turn, helped you slay your enemy?
 
Well, I haven't been fighting a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad battle by any means, but I've been dealing with something called pride. Now, in my case when I say pride, I don't mean I'm struggling with it, I mean my pride in me and myself (what little I have) is being constantly bashed and teased, torn apart and shredded till it's finer than mexican shredded cheese on a Taco Bell hard shell taco!!! Whenever I go out in public, my friends think it's funny to tease, and, even worse, they say I'm fun to tease cuz I laugh when I get upset and I'm "cute", so they say......but it's not so cute to me.
 
So I guess where I'm going with this is here: Please, no matter what kind of teasing you do, please stop and think about it before you say it next time. And just because you don't seriously mean it (which is the case with my friends...they just think it's fun), stop and think how it would affect someone if it was meant or taken seriously...most of the time it really hurts, and it turns out it's not so funny after all!
 
So, you're probably wondering, "Why did you call the title 'Godsends', if you're talking about being teased?" Good question! It's because I want to thank a few certain Godsends for their encouragement and love. It's been a rough path to travel the past few weeks, but there have been a few people who I have talked to along the way who have just been very loving and very supportive, which has helped MEGATONS!!! Godsends, you most likely don't know who you are (tho only one who does know understands this phrase/joke..."It's all your fault! ;D!!!), but I want to thank you anyways!!! You have helped me more than you could ever know,  and I am definiatly in your debt! God bless you!!!! 0:)
 
So, the morals of todays story are: Be careful who, what (and how) you tease, and take every chance you can to love and encourage your friends and family; you never know when you might be their Godsend! :)
 
Till next time!
 
     In Him,
<><><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home