Thursday, October 21, 2004

We are the Youth of the Nation

Ok, so I had this entire post basically written up, but I decided it just wasn't what I needed to post on now. There's some other stuff that's really bugging me, and I think I'm gunna talk about that instead.

Let me make some statements, and see what you think:
~I believe that we, as teenagers, are the youth of the Nation. No arguements? Good!
~I believe that we are not just useless beings like so many people think teenagers are. Still good (at least with the other teenagers)? Great!
~I believe that we have the power to make a difference in our country. Did I loose a few of you there? Well, check the next one.
~I believe that we are called BY THE BIBLE to stand against Satan and swim upstream to be examples to the whole world. How many of you are still with me? That's where a lot of people back off and decide to retreat.

"Me? Make a difference? Dude, I'm like nothing. The adults don't listen to me, my teachers treat me like crap, and my opinion isn't worth trash to the people around me. There is NO reason to even bother trying to change anything, including me, cuz I can't make a difference to anyone!"
And that's when kids start turning to smoking, alcohol, drugs, sex, theft, murder, suicide...because they're either trying to turn themselves into something others will respect (but they look to the wrong people for that respect), or trying to drown out what a wreck they think their life is.

Guys, listen to me. Wait, no. Listen to God! We are NOT trash. We are NOT worthless. We are NOT talentless (in fact we're quite the opposite!). We need to live out what the Bible says: "Do not let people look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, life, love, faith, and in purity!"
Because God said Himself: "'For I know the plans I have for you!' declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a HOPE and a FUTURE!'" But that future isn't going to be much if we don't stand up for it NOW!

So, I'll just end on this:

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, it has been a while since I have heard something like that, so I found it refreshing. I guess that's it...

6:43 AM

 
Blogger Mark 1:17 said...

Ya, so I just read this one to and I must say right on!
A good book that talks about this would be "Waking the Dead" by John Eldredge, you should check it out!

8:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home